The #137lockdownpuzzle Contest Sponsored by 137 High Street Guest House
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
Lockdown can be unnerving for many. Let's have fun with 137 High Street Guest House and crack these easy riddles. You can stand a chance to win great staycation prizes with 137 High Street Guest House!
To help you along, visit the 137 High Street Guest House gallery for clues here.
By entering this contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions below.
1. Contest is sponsored by 137 High Street Guest House.
2. Contest is open to the general public.
3. Contest opens on Tuesday, 22 July 2021 and closes Thursday, 29 July 2021.
4. Entrants must follow the below submission criteria.
To qualify for entry to this contest, you must:
- Log into Facebook;
- Like @137highstreet;
- Download the riddles from this webpage or from the Makana Tourism Facebook Page so you can start the game;
- Answer all the riddles to unlock the bonus question;
- Share your answer to the bonus question & one of the photographs associated with the riddles onto your Facebook Page and tag @137highstreet or hashtag: #137Lockdownpuzzle #VisitMakana
Riddles for #137lockdownpuzzle:
I grow bigger when I eat, but weaker when I drink. I sometimes have a poker but I don’t have a deck of cards. What am I?
I might stare at you with my luminous glare, but I help guide your path nonetheless. What am I?
I used to take a lot of knocks back in 18th and 19th century. I was originally painted in a colour that rhymes with 'seen'. What am I? Hint: Your answer must include my original paint colour.
We have owned this Georgian style house for 28 years and renovated it beautifully, without taking away the building's old world charm. What are our names? Hint: We share the same surname.
Bonus Question: Take the first letters of your answers. They make a four letter word that is a symbol of unity and progress that South African’s hold dear to their hearts.
Your submission must:
Not be in violation of any applicable law;
Not be defamatory or trade libelous;
Not depict or suggest any of the following:
i. offensive language and/or symbols;
ii. illegal or inappropriate activity;
iii. information that could identify any individual;
iv. nudity and/or sexual behaviour;
v. advertisements or commercial messages;
vi. any identifiable trade-marks, brands or logos; or
vii. any other content that Makana Tourism determines in its sole discretion to be objectionable and/or inappropriate.
5. Prizes: There will be a total of four (4) prizes:
The first three correct answers will win the below:
1st Prize: Two Night stay for 2 including breakfast to the value of R2750
2nd Prize: One Night stay for 2 including breakfast to the value of R1375
3rd Prize: One Night stay for 1 including breakfast to the value of R870
The fourth correct answer gets a free breakfast for 2!
6. Winners must agree that their name may be announced on Makana Tourism and/or 137 High Street Guest House website and other associated media sites if they are selected.
7. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not convertible to cash.
8. Makana Tourism and 137 High Street Guest House reserve the right to amend these contest rules or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any entrant.
9. Makana Tourism assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including but not limited to lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, ineligible or incomplete entries.
10. The decisions of Makana Tourism and 137 High Street Guest House in relation to this contest will be final and binding on all Entrants.
11. By entering this contest, you declare that you have complied with all of these Rules and met all eligibility requirements.
12. Your participation in this contest is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for all cost you incur to take any photo and to enter this contest.