Makana Tourism's Snap and Win Contest Sponsored by Oak Lodge
Tuesday, 15th June 2021
The historic and charming three star Oak Lodge in Makhanda is looking for your best photographs of people, landscape or wildlife that shows off the Makana region. The more submissions you make, the better your chances are to win great accommodation prizes from Oak Lodge.You can enter in these three easy steps:
Snap a great image while you are out and about in the great outdoors of the Makana region;
Post it on your Facebook or Instagram pages;
Tag Makana Tourism and use any of these hashtags: #MoloMakana #SnapandWin #OakLodge
By entering this contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions below.
1. Contest is sponsored by Oak Lodge.
2. Contest is open to the general public.
3. Contest opens on Tuesday, 15 June 2021 SAST and ends Monday, 12 July 2021 at 23:59 SAST.
4. Entrants can make more than one submission.
5. Entrants must submit a photograph that meets the requirements set out in the submission criteria below:
To qualify for entry to this contest, your photo must:
Demonstrate pride for the Makana Tourism areas of Makhanda, Alicedale, Fort Brown, Riebeek-East, Salem, Seven Fountains, and Sidbury;
Be less than 10 Mb;
Include a photo description caption with your name and surname;
Be your original work (been taken by you or include you as the subject matter).
Your submission must:
Not be in violation of any applicable law;
Not infringe anyone else’s (i) copyright or other intellectual property rights, (ii) privacy or personality rights or (iii) other rights;
Not be defamatory or trade libelous;
Not depict or suggest any of the following:
i. offensive language and/or symbols;
ii. illegal or inappropriate activity;
iii. information that could identify any individual;
iv. nudity and/or sexual behaviour;
v. advertisements or commercial messages;
vi. any identifiable trade-marks, brands or logos; or
vii. any other content that Makana Tourism determines in its sole discretion to be objectionable and/or inappropriate.
6. All persons appearing in a photo submission must have given their permission for the photo submission to be entered into the contest. Failure of each photo participant to grant permission for the photo submission to be entered into the contest will render the photo submission ineligible for consideration.
7. You grant Makana Tourism a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, perpetual licence to use, copy, adapt, communicate, distribute, publicly display and create compilations and derivative works from any photograph you submit as an entry to this contest (including any caption you have posted with your photo); and use your name, city or town of residence, and/or any statements made by you in connection with your entry. You irrevocably waive all moral rights to your photo in favour of Makana Tourism.
8. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the licence set out in section 7 above.
9. The licence you grant in section 7 permits Makana Tourism to (a) cut, reformate, rearrange and/or combine your photo with other materials and/or to otherwise modify your photo; (b) use your photo or a modified version of your photo in Makana Tourism's promotional materials; and/or (c) share your photo or any version or portion of your photo as edited by Makana Tourism, on its website or on any social media website.
10. Instructions for submission is as follows:
a. Upload your photographs with a (i) caption and (ii) include any of these hashtags: #MoloMakana #SnapandWin #OakLodge
11. Prizes: There will be a total of four (4) prizes.
12. Visit the Makana Tourism Facebook page for the prize breakdown.
13. Prizes will be randomly selected during the period of 12-16 July 2021.
14. The selected winners will be contacted by the contact information provided on their entry. If the selected winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days following the first attempt at contact, or if the selected winner declines the prize, another random draw will occur and the prize will be awarded to another person.
15. Winner must agree that their name may be announced on Makana Tourism website and other associated media sites if they are selected.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not convertible to cash.
17. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
18. Personal Information: Makana Tourism will use personal information collected from entrants to administer the contest. Makana Tourism will not share personal information relating to entrants with any third parties, except as may be required by law. Makana Tourism will not attempt to contact any entrants for any other purpose than as set out in these terms and conditions unless the entrant has consented to receive other relevant communications from Makana Tourism or as otherwise allowed under applicable laws.
19. Makana Tourism reserves the right to amend these contest rules or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any entrant.
20. Makana Tourism assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including but not limited to lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, ineligible or incomplete entries.
21. The decisions of Makana Tourism in relation to this contest will be final and binding on all Entrants.
22. By entering this contest, you declare that you have complied with all of these Rules and met all eligibility requirements.
23. Your participation in this contest is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for all cost you incur to take any photo and to enter this contest.
24. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be converted into cash. Prize cannot be utilised during Festival dates.
Photo credit: www.tembagamereserve.com