Top 10 Reasons to Choose a Homestay
Tuesday, 6th April 2021
Looking for a unique roadtrip adventure? You should consider booking a homestay to help get around, learn the lingo of the area and generally make you feel like a local while travelling.
Tourism experts say homestays are increasingly becoming popular with travellers. They provide an authentic travel experience to live and breathe the local culture, make friends and explore destinations in an authentic and unique way.
This is according to CEO of South African Tourism Sisa Ntshona who was speaking at the recent Basic Quality Verification Pilot Project launch held in Makhanda and East London to help small businesses that don’t necessarily meet the formal criteria of a full grading. Read more here.
A homestay is defined as a popular form of hospitality and lodging whereby visitors share a residence with a local of the city to which they are travelling. This type of accommodation is often cozy, comfortable, and home-like house experience.
Choosing to stay at a homestay offers several advantages. Here are the top ten reasons why we think you should consider this type of accommodation on your next road trip.
Homestays allow you to:
- Experience everyday life in another location;
- Experience the local culture through meeting new people;
- Contribute a lower carbon footprint compared to other types of lodging;
- Explore something new;
- Get a deeper understanding of the location;
- Get a taste of memorable meals;
- Learn a new language;
- Receive a warm welcome and memorable stay.
- Support the local economy;
- Control your spend and get more value for your money.
To book a Homestay experience click here.